Skip to main content

My daughter and I was hit by a car last June at the time i was three months pregnant

Paterson, NJ |

My question is we completed therapy our medical info was forward but i have to see an independent Dr they say it's to make sure my bills are paid but how long after this visit should it take for an offer to come it has been 2months

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


It is impossible to answer your question without more information. Do you have a lawyer? If so, you should ask them. Otherwise hire an attorney immediately.

Benjamin G. Kelsen IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 179 Cedar Lane Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: / Email: NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.


I suggest you hire local counsel to answer this question. The answer varies depending upon the facts and circumstances of your case, as well as the state where the wreck occurred. I hope this helps. Good luck.


Sorry, not enough information to provide a responsive answer. Speak with your attorney. Stop speaking/working for your adversary. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


It depends. After your independent examination, which I suspect has been ordered by defense to evaluate whether you are really hurt or not, the defense attorney or claims adjuster may call your attorney with an offer. I take a more aggressive approach, knowing you are just a number to these adjusters and they gain by delay so I call them on my cases. I ask them if they are willing to make a good faith offer now that you have been examined by their doctor. That would start the flow of negotiations. Good luck.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


Call a personal injury lawyer in Passaic county ASAP

Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Consult a lawyer.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:


Retain a top-rated personal injury lawyer with a low contingency fee, and get proper compensation.


You do not say what carrier you are dealing with, your own insurance company or the adverse party's. Neither one is your friend. Who says they will ever make an offer? The sole goal of any insurance carrier is to pay you nothing or as little as possible on your claim. You will need court approval to settle any claim on behalf of your child. You may need to set up a guardianship of your child's property in the event you achieve a settlement. You should not attempt to practice law on behalf of your child.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen


If this is a pre-suit situation involving the adverse carrier, I would never permit my client to attend a defense medical examination as the carrier is not legally entitled to one.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer