My daughter and I was hit by a car last June at the time i was three months pregnant

Asked over 1 year ago - Paterson, NJ

My question is we completed therapy our medical info was forward but i have to see an independent Dr they say it's to make sure my bills are paid but how long after this visit should it take for an offer to come it has been 2months

1. Benjamin G Kelsen

Pro

9

Answered . It is impossible to answer your question without more information. Do you have a lawyer? If so, you should ask them. Otherwise hire an attorney immediately.

2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

7

Answered . Sorry, not enough information to provide a responsive answer. Speak with your attorney. Stop speaking/working for your adversary. Good luck.

3. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

6

Answered . It depends. After your independent examination, which I suspect has been ordered by defense to evaluate whether you are really hurt or not, the defense attorney or claims adjuster may call your attorney with an offer. I take a more aggressive approach, knowing you are just a number to these adjusters and they gain by delay so I call them on my cases. I ask them if they are willing to make a good faith offer now that you have been examined by their doctor. That would start the flow of negotiations. Good luck.

4. Michael A Ferrara Jr

Pro

6

Answered . Call a personal injury lawyer in Passaic county ASAP

5. Jason Todd Studinski

5

Answered . I suggest you hire local counsel to answer this question. The answer varies depending upon the facts and circumstances of your case, as well as the state where the wreck occurred. I hope this helps. Good luck.

6. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . Consult a lawyer.

Pro

2

Answered . Retain a top-rated personal injury lawyer with a low contingency fee, and get proper compensation.

8. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . You do not say what carrier you are dealing with, your own insurance company or the adverse party's. Neither one is your friend. Who says they will ever make an offer? The sole goal of any insurance carrier is to pay you nothing or as little as possible on your claim. You will need court approval to settle any claim on behalf of your child. You may need to set up a guardianship of your child's property in the event you achieve a settlement. You should not attempt to practice law on behalf of your child.

You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
One or more answers have been taken down.