Skip to main content

My daughter and her two year old was living with me and my fiance she stopped taking care of her and there was averbal agreement

Fort Worth, TX |
Filed under: Family law

between my daughter and this guy she says is father( but he is not listed on b.c.)that he sees her thur-sun and then she is back with us does this guy hv any rights to her if it is not 100 percent certain he is father

Attorney Answers 1

  1. No,until someon brings a paternity lawsuit to establish if he is the father or not, and probably takes a DNA test.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics