MY DAUGHR GT HIT BY A CAR WHAT DO I DO FOR HER MEDUCAL BILLS

Asked 12 months ago - Decatur, IL

THE LADY IS AT FAULT GOT HER INSURENCE COMPANY BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

1. Chen Kasher

9

Answered . I am sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter.

First, you need to preserve what happened. Did the lady make any statements that she was at fault? Is there a police report? Are there any witnesses? You need to try to "freeze" that moment in time so that she later doesn't disclaim her fault.

Her insurer may contact you. Do NOT give them any statements -- they are trying to reduce their liability, not help your daughter.

Retain an attorney and refuse to give any statements at this time. This attorney will help you to preserve evidence and build your case. He/she will probably send a demand letter based on the medicals and other factors (like your daughter's pain and suffering). If her insurer refuses to settle, a suit may have to be filed.

chenkasher@gmail.com
    chenkasherlaw.vpweb.com
    (773) 853-3062

2. Burton A. Padove

Pro

6

Answered . I hope that your daughter is doing better. If the clam is substantial you will need to have a settlement approved by the court. If that is the case, hire counsel. If the bills are not high and the injury is insignificant, gather the bills,medical records and pictures of the scene and of the lady's car and submit them to an insurer. If you are not sure what to do, hire counsel. In the meantime, do not give any recorded or written statements to the other insurer.

Pro

7

Answered . A personal injury lawyer will go after the driver's insurance money.

4. Kevin Coluccio

6

Answered . Contact a local personal injury attorney right away.

5. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

4

Answered . Talk to a lawyer, free of charge, who focuses on personal injury law in your area. Many of us would be happy to help you.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

6. Christian A. Myer

Pro

5

Answered . Search for a local AVVO attorney to discuss your case. Do it as soon as possible.

7. Brian Thomas Dailey

3

Answered . In Illinois if you have been in an car crash and you don't have health insurance or some sort of government health plan such as Medicaid or Medicare then the only way you are going to be able to medical bills is by the money that you recover from the insurance company from the driver who is at fault. Usually, each insurance policy provides some measure of coverage for the injured parties' medical bills. This is often no more than $1,000.00 to as high as $25,000.00. Most policies provide only around $5,000.00.

It is critically important that you consult with a lawyer about your daughter's circumstances since a lawyer who is good at handling automobile negligence and other injury claims can assist you in finding physicians and other medical care providers that will provided you some measure of treatment and wait until you settle your case or resolve it by Jury verdict to get paid from the proceeds of your lawsuit and/or claim. An experienced lawyer can also assist you in getting the right treatment and making sure that your bills do get paid.

If you are concerned about the fees for the attorney, please do not worry. Most lawyers including lawyers of the Dailey Law Firm handle matters such as these on a contingent fee basis. In other words the lawyer doesn't get paid until you get paid.

Please call me if you like at the number on my profile.

8. Michael R Crosner

4

Answered . I concur with my colleagues - immediately consult a local personal injury attorney who responded to your question or another listed on AVVO - most will offer free consultations Protect yourself, retain an attorney ASAP. Good luck