Skip to main content

My dad was involved in a major motorcycle accident causing amputation and other injuries. I need a lawyer with SSI, DARS exp. et

Houston, TX |

Please send emails to if you can help.

Attorney Answers 3


I'm sorry to learn of your father's injuries. My law firm handles both personal injury claims and Social Security disability claims. We'll be glad to try to help your father. Our contact information is at

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I have no recommendations for attorneys, however here are the following issues you probably need to address and think about as you are looking for attorneys:

1. SSI - find an attorney who specializes or the focus of his practice is in this area. That attorney will have been down this road with other clients they have worked with in the past. The primary purpose of your father being on SSI is for medical insurance for now and into the future as well as disability payments in place of his employement check.

2. Was the accident caused by someone else or if the motorcycle was defective, you will need to consult a personal injury attorney.

3. Payment - is always an issue. You should check up front with the attorneys if they will take on contingency or if they do the work hourly. Contingency means they will take a percentage of the money they recover for you father.

4. Check with your local bar association. Every county or city has a local bar association for lawyers. They usually have a referal service which will recommend an attorney. These attorneys are always pre-screened so they have the credentials to handle the task at hand.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Motorcycle accidents can be very serious (as your dad and family are now experiencing).

You need an attorney that can be attentive to your dad's legal and personal needs and who is willing to listen for his input (it is his life).

Our personal injury firm focuses on our client's needs. If there is a question that involves an area of the law in which we don't focus on, then we consult with other lawyers in those fields (the same way your family doctor would consult with specialist doctors).

Our firm takes on major cases across the State of Texas, including the Houston area.

I am sorry to hear of your dad's injuries and hope that you find a law firm that you are comfortable working with.

Please let me know if I may be of assistance.

Good Luck!

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics