My dad received a letter from U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Form G-56. What is it?

Asked about 1 year ago - Oakland, CA

So my dad received a letter from this place and requested that He have an interview and said he has to ask for a deportation officer. They have told him to bring his documents regarding his immigration status, along with his passport and his I.D. I want to know exactly what they want with my father. He has lived in this country for over 35 years and is the FULL provider for me, my mom, and my sister. Me, my mom, and sister are all U.S. Citizens and are wondering why all of this is occurring now. Please get back to me with any info as to what we can do or what this is even about. Thank you.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . They want to know whether he is legal here.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Unless I see the letter and know more information about your father there is no way to answer your question. I do suggest that he consult with an experienced immigration attorney before he goes to the interview. The attorney may have some suggestions as to what he needs to do and why they want to speak with him. Depending on the situation it may also be advisable that the attorney attend the interview with him.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . You told us that he is the family provider .... but you didn't tell us what his immigration status is.

This form is used to save the government money ... instead of going to his house ... they're having him come in to be arrested.

It is normally issued when people are already 'in the system'. Did he appear before an immigration judge years ago?

HIRE A LAWYER ... DO NOT LET HIM GO IN ALONE.

DO NOT IGNORE THE LETTER.