My dad is very very ill and I was hoping to travel to my country by the ending of September. I have an ACD that will be

Asked about 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

Dismissed and sealed in December...is there anyway I could have the six months shorten to two months or less so that it wouldn't cause a delay in me getting my green card and/ or cause problems if I decide to travel if I do receive my green card?... Please advice me of the steps that should be taken.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Did you do the pleadings as part of this process of getting an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal?

2. Eliza Grinberg

5

Answered . This shortening thing is not an immigration question but that of the NJ criminal law. Sealing does not work for immigration purposes. Dismissal will only work if there was no admission of guild in the process. Talk to an immigration attorney. Good idea.

3. Eric M. Mark

Pro

3

Answered . You really need to schedule a consultation to review the details of your immigration status and criminal case. Traveling with an open charge is very risky if you are not a permanent resident and its impossible to offer competent advice on such an issue in this forum.

4. Yolanda Navarrete

3

Answered . I do not quite understand all the issues you are facing. A detailed consultation is necessary.

5. Lynne Rogers Feldman

3

Answered . I concur with my colleague.

--
    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law