My dad had a stroke and when I got his death certificate it said he died from Staph infection

Asked over 1 year ago - Hewett, WV

He had a sore on his butt bone I know they didn't take care of him like they was suppose to. The only way he could got staph if they didn't keep it clean. So I was wondering if I could do something about it

1. Malosack Berjis

9

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about your father. But, who is "they"? Was your father living in some sort of a facility, like a nursing home, at the time of his death?

2. George Costas Andriotis

9

Answered . Who was caring for your father? If it was a nursing home than consulting an attorney in that area to investigate may be warranted.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Daniel Joseph Miller

9

Answered . I assume you mean hospital or nursing home. Staph is common and not necessarily malpractice, but it can be depending on the circumstances. I would contact a local malpractice attorney in your area and get a copy of the medical records. The estate representative may have to order the records, I am not sure what the law is in your state but that is what we have to do here. Hope that helps.

Pro

9

Answered . Was your father in the hospital or a nursing home?

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com