My dad had a stroke and when I got his death certificate it said he died from Staph infection

Hewett, WV |

He had a sore on his butt bone I know they didn't take care of him like they was suppose to. The only way he could got staph if they didn't keep it clean. So I was wondering if I could do something about it

I'm sorry to hear about your father. But, who is "they"? Was your father living in some sort of a facility, like a nursing home, at the time of his death?

He is in a hospital he got to come home one day cause his organs was shutting down but on his death certificate was staph infection. One day I walked in the with a pile of poop up to is cath. the nurses wasn't going to do nothing but leave it on him because they was carrying on at the nurses station

room*

Who was caring for your father? If it was a nursing home than consulting an attorney in that area to investigate may be warranted.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

no he was in a hospital it wasn't a nursing home.

I assume you mean hospital or nursing home. Staph is common and not necessarily malpractice, but it can be depending on the circumstances. I would contact a local malpractice attorney in your area and get a copy of the medical records. The estate representative may have to order the records, I am not sure what the law is in your state but that is what we have to do here. Hope that helps.

The response herein is for informational purposes only is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. I am a lawyer licensed in the State of Maryland only, and I am not your lawyer (unless you have been in my office and signed a contract). This communication is not intended as legal advice, and no attorney client relationship results. Please consult your own attorney for legal advice.

Was your father in the hospital or a nursing home?

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

He was in a Hospital he died from CVA, Pneumonia, UTI, Sepsis, and CHF. Before he was released I asked if he had any infections and they told me no that got his blood count and it was clear, and he just stayed home one night 630 am I had to call the ambulance and that's when boone memorial hospital told me he only had 4 days to live because he was ate up with infection. And the doctor didn't know why they released him in that kind of condition.

I had him to his family doctor a week before his major stroke and they checked his blood and he didn't have no infections no where. And he had his stroke September 2 2012 and died October 11 2012. HE was in the hospital the whole time St. Marys then went to corner stone, In Huntington.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury