My Dad died this January and had a will My Mom and sister won't let me see the will how can i obtain a copy Son in New Jersey

Asked over 3 years ago - South Plainfield, NJ

Just would like to see the will I know I am named in it. My father told me a few years ago.

1. Douglas George Mitchell

Answered . You would need to have a judge in Middlesex county order them to show it to you or turn over a legal copy. If you live in S.Plainfield, an order to show cause or motion would have to be filed in the Middlesex County Surrogates Court. My office can assist with such matters.

2. Mary Tom

Answered . If the Will was probated, then it is on record with the County Surrogate where your father died. There is a minimal search fee for seeing if there is a Will on record. If the Will was probated, you are entitled to get a copy of it from the Surrogate as a child.

If the Will has not been probated, then you can do as the attorney above suggested.

MARY TOM, ESQ.
    HUNZIKER, JONES & SWEENEY, P.A.
    Wayne Plaza II
    155 Route 46 West
    Wayne, NJ 07470
    Phone No. (973) 256-0456
    Fax No. (973) 256-4784

This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm. For legal advice, please contact and retain an attorney of your own choosing.