My Current Case Status for Form I-130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE says it is on Post Decision Activity.

Asked over 1 year ago - Perris, CA

My Current Case Status for Form I-130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE says it is on Post Decision Activity. What action do i need to take from here? i have been waiting almost 20 years and i only received a letter in the mail back in January 6, 1997. What must i do to proceed?

1. Ji Min Kim

Pro

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Are you the petitioner or beneficiary? Did you update your address? Did you get the approval notice? Is your priority date current? Is beneficiary here in the United States? If so, legal status or illegal status?
    Many questions to answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney near you to proceed.

2. Peter Corrales

5

1

Answered . More information may be needed. Did you ever receive an approval letter? Your visa may be current if it has been that long depending on which category the petition falls under. You may want to take the forms to an immigration attorney to look at.

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Depends on whether the priority date is close to becoming current or is current, where you are living, etc.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

4

1

Answered . What classification? I'm going to guess brother/sister.

Your next step should be to talk to an immigration lawyer ... things are quite complicated now days.