Skip to main content

My credit union doesn't have the original document that shows the agreement, can i sue them? and what can i sue them for?

Ogden, UT |
Filed under: Credit Business

they copy of the agreement they have with my signature, shows my drivers licence, which covers the portion of the document containing the condensed agreement.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You don't give enough information to respond to a question.

Disclaimer: The foregoing answer does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Cannella or her firm. This answer does not constitute legal advice, is provided for informational and educational purposes only for persons interested in the subject matter, is not legal opinion, nor confidential in nature. Each situation is fact specific and may be subject to state specific laws. Without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem fully.


Have they done something wrong other than making a bad copy? What are you looking to achieve? If you have failed to pay a loan they can probably still collect from you on the basis of what is called "quantum meruit." You would probably be wise to meet with a local attorney to discuss your situation.

Providing this answer does not form an attorney-client relationship. Most legal questions are exceedingly fact-sensitive and therefore this answer is a best-guess based on the information you provide. You should consult an attorney licensed in your state to further discuss your matter.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer