My coworker put a spy camera under my desk to hear me and watch me

Asked almost 2 years ago - West Covina, CA

My coworker put a spy camera under my desk to hear and watch me

1. Kevin Lewis King

1

Answered . Great story!

2. Robert Pecco Baker

1

Answered . and then?

3. Neil Pedersen

Answered . Assuming you are asking whether such conduct is unlawful, the answer is yes. It is a violation of California Penal Code section 632 to record someone's voice when they are unaware of the recording. It is not only a misdemeanor, but violation of the Code allows the victim to seek a civil penalty of $5,000 for each recording made in violation of the Code.

If you are a woman, depending on other factors, this may also be a violation of the criminal law related to taking pictures by hidden camera in an attempt to capture pictures up a woman's skirt, which can carry far greater criminal penalties.

Good luck to you.

4. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . What is your question?