My cousin was arrested but I cant find out why?

Asked 11 months ago - Brookfield, WI

0-999998 973.10 VOP(FELONY) ORDER TO DETAIN (PROBATION) F N/A

I found this online but I don't know it means. Is it serious.

1. Michael C. Witt

Pro

1

Answered . He is being detained for a probation violation. This detainer was issued by his agent, not a judge, and if they determine he violated his probation he may be held without bond pending the outcome of revocation proceedings. If he is revoked, what happens next depends upon his original sentence. If sentence was imposed and stayed, he will simply begin serving the previously imposed sentence. If sentence was withheld, he will remain in jail without bond until returned to court for sentencing. By definition, a felony is a charge that can result in a prison sentence, so yes, it is potentially serious.
    By checking CCAP, you may be able to find his underlying conviction, and determine his potential exposure.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl

2. John M. Kaman

Pro

2

Answered . VOP means violation of probation. Detain in this context means arrest. The F means felony. The other numbers appear to be a case number and the number of a statute. Since its a felony VOP he could be facing some jail time. Consult an attorney in your area.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

Answered . Sound like he was on probation and he violated. Don't know how serious until you learn what the alleged violation is.

4. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

Answered . felony violation of probation. He is to be held until he sees the Judge who issued the warrant. Hire a good lawyer. VOP's usually get jail time.