My cousin sister is out of status since mid october 2012, she is looking forward for reinstatement. what should we do.

Houston, TX |

My cousin sister transferred her school to texas from chicago. and started school on jan 2013. by the time the int. advisor asked for the transfer of the sevis, on march the current school were informed that her sevis was dropped on oct 2012. by now its been 7 months, we are thinking about reinstatement... but will it be okay to file for reinstatement by now for her???

Reinstatement is discretionary and depends on the facts of your case. If you can get the school's support this would help. You should have the specifics of your case reviewed by an immgiration attorney. You also have the option to take the I-20 and go overseas to get back in status.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

We were thinking about travelling abroad- option, but does it really help. I mean during the time you come back, wont the immigration ask about anything regarding the sevis, because the visa is still valid for 3 more years.

Lynne Rogers Feldman

Lynne Rogers Feldman

I would need to know all of the specifics before advising you.

I am going to send u an email in detail.

Talk you her DSO.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

sorry????

I didn't get it

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Your best friend in this situation is designated school official, an individual in the school who is charged with the responsibility tot deal with SEVIS.

I talked with them The thing that they told us is , we have to apply for the reinstatement by our selves and they are only there for reference.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

fine, then hire n immigration attorney, you will be hard pressed to do it on your own.

Consult with an immigration attorney now. It is possible but not likely.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Education law topics