My cousin sister is out of status since mid october 2012, she is looking forward for reinstatement. what should we do.

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My cousin sister transferred her school to texas from chicago. and started school on jan 2013. by the time the int. advisor asked for the transfer of the sevis, on march the current school were informed that her sevis was dropped on oct 2012. by now its been 7 months, we are thinking about reinstatement... but will it be okay to file for reinstatement by now for her???

1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

5

1

Answered . Reinstatement is discretionary and depends on the facts of your case. If you can get the school's support this would help. You should have the specifics of your case reviewed by an immgiration attorney. You also have the option to take the I-20 and go overseas to get back in status.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Talk you her DSO.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Answered . Consult with an immigration attorney now. It is possible but not likely.