My cousin married a U.S. citizen and applied for immigration by marriage, but unfortunately the guy died before interview date t

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

my cousin married a U.S. citizen and applied for immigration by marriage, but unfortunately the guy died before interview date that is next month, what she xan do?Should she remove case or she can go to immigration office and show documents that her marriage was bona fida?

1. Gen Kimura

9

Best Answer

Answered . The pending I-130 will be converted to I-360. She can self petition. She has to go to the interview.

2. Veronica Tunitsky

7

Answered . My colleague is correct. I do suggest that your cousin get some help to make sure everything goes smoothly.

3. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, have her go to the interview.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  4. Marco Antonio Ramos

4

Answered . I agree with the advice given by all of my colleagues but will add that if your cousin filed it without advice of an immigration attorney there could be issued that were never addressed.

5. Sonya Nicole Campbell

5

1

Answered . Your cousin should retain counsel before attending her interview. The I-360 petition by widow/widower of a US citizen occurs where the I-130 was previously filed, and the USC spouse dies prior to adjustment of status of the beneficiary spouse. Make sure that she brings death certificate, birth certificate, or other documentation of decedent to the interview...

This response in no way establishes attorney/client privilege or relationship.