My cousin got arrested for crashing her car while trying to hit my cousin, about how much time will she do?

Modesto, CA |

My cousin got arrested 3 days ago for trying to hit her fiance with her car. She crashed into a tree while she had her new born son and her 1 year old son in the back seat. They had gotten into a heated argument that turned pretty bad. How much time can she do? What may happen to her oldest son since he has a different father than the younger two.

1. This question is better suited for a criminal defense attorney so I've added it to the question.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. I agree check with the criminal website. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de accidentes y lesiones is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

3. I took the liberty of changing the category of the question to Criminal Defense. I am a CA criminal defense attorney, but unfortunately cannot give you an answer to your question without more details. I don't even know what she's being charged with.

Who knows that she was trying to hit her fiance with the car? Unless she admitted this to police, it'll be tough to prove an intent to injure another.

Was she intoxicated? Were either of the children injured? Did the accident cause any damage?

These are all important facts, but I wouldn't recommend posting any more information publicly.

4. Not a legal answer but, please please please get this lady some help. This is highly anti-social behavior and endangered the children's well being and if they are raised by someone who acts like this, they may well have very difficult lives. I am worried for her mental health and that of the children.

5. She should hire a criminal lawyer.

6. This is bad news for your cousin. If what you are saying is true the DA could charge her with attempted murder, depending on how close she came in accomplishing her alleged mission to hit the person. She could be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. She could be charged with various other crimes.

Depending on the extent of the conduct she could spend a few months in jail if convicted up to many many years, decades or life in prison.

She should keep her mouth shut about the particulars of her case and only discuss the case with her attorney.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.