My court date was reset to find a lawyer. I was unable to and have to go back to court in the morning. What should I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Charge is for misd. assault

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

6

Answered . Go to court and bring a list of the names and fee quotes you have been given. You will be given another chance to find a lawyer. If you are seemingly indigent, you will need to make the same effort to show the court anyway.

Do NOT be late to court.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

5

Answered . The court will probably give you more time to hire an attorney. Or they may let you apply for a court-appointed attorneu.

3. William Peter Daley

5

Answered . Go back to court and advise the judge. It's possible the judge could grant you one last continuance.

4. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with Attorney Daley and wish to add the following. Our judges up here in PA are generally not very thrilled with a Defendant who is granted time to secure counsel but nonetheless shows up the next time without counsel. I would recommend that you be prepared to explain chapter and verse the steps you have taken to secure counsel and the reason(s) they proved unsuccessful.