My co - worker / ex - boyfriend won't stop testing me even after I tell him to . How Can I make him stop ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pahala, HI

I try to ignore him but he just keeps testing me . I've told him to leave me alone countless of times but he won't . He calls me me dirty things and brings up the past and says that he'll tell everybody .

1. George Costas Andriotis

3

Answered . Not a legal matter at this point but you can write him a a Cease and Desist Letter and it should preferably be on a lawyer's letterhead.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  2. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . If you are both working at the same employment, make a complaint to your employer. This reads like you may have a sexual harassment claim, and if so your employer is obligated to deal with your complaint.

3. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

2

Answered . calling you :dirty things", etc. is sexual harassment and impermissible. Report it to you supervisors/employer and ask them to have him stop. Their failure to do so could serve as a basis for a descrimination suit. If the employer takes hostile action against you for reporting the harassment, that constitutes "retaliation", which is also actionable.

Pro

2

Answered . Possible sexual harassment claim. Notify HR department, and file complaint with EEOC on their website. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Christopher S. Bouslog

Answered . Write him a letter asking him to stop. Keep a copy. Speak to your manager about the conduct if you feel that it is harassing or interfering with your ability to work.

6. Wayne D. Parsons

Pro

Answered . These are always touchy, delicate situations. All of the other Comments/Answers are correct I think but no strategy fits every situation. I know that you want him to "stop" but there is a little more to it than that. He may get fired. But even if he does, he may say all sorts of bad things about you. If you work in a big company then your suprevisor and/or the Human Resources department is probably the best place to start. But if it is a small ccompany then I'd want to know if he is connected and has some people at the top who will protect him. In my opinion you have to do something, but I would need to know more of the details and more about what you want (is this your dream job and you want to stay forever, or ....?). I suggest talking to a lawyer on the Big Island who does Personal Injury work like Joy San Beuenaventura in Hilo.

7. Raymond Dinsmore

Answered . Notify your supervisor right away. I would recommend doing so in writing. If the employer fails to take appropriate corrective action, you may be able to bring a harassment claim. You should speak to an attorney right away if you are considering doing so because the statute of limitations for bringing such a claim is short. If your boyfriend is also a supervisor, then your employer may be liable even if you have not yet reported the conduct. Good luck!