My classmate was charged with possession of weed, said the charges were dropped bc they lost his file. Does this really happen?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

He was not a juvenile anymore.
And I also heard from my pastor that a guy he mentored was also exonerated for having a large quantity (brick size) of methamphetamines. He also had his charges dropped after they lost his file.Lol
I am wondering if this really happens, sounds like lack of organization by the DA's office is letting too many drug dealer/users off the hook.

Ps: I kinda hate my classmate, he is a d-bag, he got expelled from school but somehow ended up in SJ state. he tried to steal my brother's GF

1. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

4

1

Answered . What business is this of yours? Why are you actively attempting to determine what happened to a classmate of yours who you characterize as a "d-bag"? It's unwise to base your judgements on what you've heard or innuendo and rumor. It's doubtful the case was dropped because the DA lost his file. There are numerous reasons a case is dropped, chief among these is that there is insufficient evidence to prove that the accused did the crime. Persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This is a principle that protects you as much as anyone in this country. Anyone can be falsely accused of criminality, many rot in prison having been wrongfully convicted. Good luck.

For a Free Consultation Call: 408.313.5607
  2. Brian K Wanerman

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Dinakar. It is not wise to listen to rumors, speculation, or second-hand (or worse) information. There are many innocent people languishing in prison because others did not follow this advice. You would be wise not to try to add this guy to those ranks, even if you consider him a "D-bag."

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

Answered . Can you post a picture of your brother's gf?

4. John Douglas Lloyd

Pro

3

1

Answered . Weird things like that can happen, but it's a very rare occurrence.