My citizen application got denied because of lack of good moral character? Should I go for a hearing?

Reedley, CA |

On Nov. 20th 2012 I had my citizen interview and test I passed but the officer wanted certified court disposition of an arrest back in 2005. I send them but they were not certified so on Dec. 14 2012 I got a letter saying they denied my application. I was told that you had to show good moral character within the 5 years to date. The arrest in 2005 it's 7 years old. I have the certified court disposition papers now and want to send them, because I believe I do have good moral character of 5years.

Hire an immigration attorney right away.

Meet with an immigration attorney and discuss the form N-336.

Yes, immigration can look back more than 5 years.

But, it appears that you were denied because you didn't give them what they wanted, by the deadline that they gave you.

This is where an attorney will be able to help sort things out.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.