My citizen application got denied because of lack of good moral character? Should I go for a hearing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Reedley, CA

On Nov. 20th 2012 I had my citizen interview and test I passed but the officer wanted certified court disposition of an arrest back in 2005. I send them but they were not certified so on Dec. 14 2012 I got a letter saying they denied my application. I was told that you had to show good moral character within the 5 years to date. The arrest in 2005 it's 7 years old. I have the certified court disposition papers now and want to send them, because I believe I do have good moral character of 5years.

1. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

4

1

Answered . Hire an immigration attorney right away.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . Meet with an immigration attorney and discuss the form N-336.

Yes, immigration can look back more than 5 years.

But, it appears that you were denied because you didn't give them what they wanted, by the deadline that they gave you.

This is where an attorney will be able to help sort things out.