My childrens biological father has never been around, can he have legal rights

Asked about 4 years ago - Houston, TX

I don't want him to show up and try to claim them or take them away. I would like to remove his legal rights.

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . You can feel pretty safe that if he shows up, he may be able to file for visitation but he is not going to take your children away from you.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . If push comes to shove, the biological father can petition the court for a whole list of things such as custody, visitation, child support, preventing you from moving out of state (removal), et. al.,

Talk to a family law attorney before you do something that gets you hauled into court. What you want can be done, but it is too important to try and do this yourself and mess it up.