My child was being bullied by teacher. teacher has been fired now board of ed. lawyer wants my son to go to court

Asked 5 months ago - Brooklyn, NY

to testify against do I take action and have a lawyer ? I m thinking that since she has been fired there has been reason. also I feel I should hold b.o.ed responsible my son has been affected emotionally big time. I want to take action against teacher or b.of .ed what should I do? when this was taking place I had contact a lawyer he sent investigator to my child school. I made reports to principal also to district can someone help thanks so much

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Did you serve a Notice of Claim within 90 days of the incident? Consult with a personal injury lawyer.

    The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal... more
  2. Andrew Lawrence Weitz


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Even if you didn't serve a notice of claim within the 90 day window, and depending upon how late you are, a good lawyer should be able to argue that your notice to the principal and the district removes all prejudice from the late filing. Further, it's an infant's case and courts tend to be more pro active in finding arguments to keep alive actions that might otherwise be dismissed. You need a lawyer to immediately file a motion to serve a late notice of claim, nunc pro tunc (now for then), good luck to you and your son.

    We are Serious lawyers for the Seriously injured. I am a co-author of WEITZ ON AUTOMOBILE LITIGATION: THE NO... more
  3. Alexis Riley

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You do need an attorney to properly handle this matter for you. You should contact a local Education attorney immediately.

    All of Ms. Riley's responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,445 answers this week

3,028 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,445 answers this week

3,028 attorneys answering