Skip to main content

My Child's mother has an on going DCF case. Can I take my daughter and tell DCF I no longer want them around her? Florida DCF.

Davenport, FL |

There are no allegations against me and I am not part of the case. But as it has been going on for over a year I feel it has gone too far and that my daughter does not deserve to suffer for a mistake her mother made. The whole case began with her testing positive for THC at the time of birth. Now I think it has just gone too far and the state officials are over stepping boundaries. I want my daughter to move in with me and basically tell all involved on the State's behalf to leave me and my daughter alone because I feel as though it is degrading to my child and harassing toward me, my child, and my family harassment.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Domestic Relations and child custody cases are very dependant on the law in each state and the way each county judge may approach your particular case. Perhaps no other area of law is so peculiarly local as this is. Because of that, you really should talk to a local attorney to find out what your rights are, what the law says, what the local judge's approach may be, and what you can and can not do in your situation. This is also the one area of law where a decision made today can have very long-term consequences so it is important that you have your side heard and considered. You need to talk to a local Domestic Relations attorney who deals with your kind of case on a regular basis in your local court. You can call your local attorney's Bar Association and ask for a referral to a Domestic Relations attorney near you or look for one under the Find a Lawyer tab at But act quickly because custody and DR problems can’t be ignored, and there is a time limit on all legal rights, so don't waste your time getting to a Domestic Relations attorney and finding out what your rights are. If this answer was helpful, please give a “Vote UP” review below. And be sure to indicate the best answer to your question so we can all be sure we are being helpful. Thanks for asking and Good Luck. Ron Burdge,

Want info on sensible divorce and custody alternatives? click here

Click here for a list of state and local attorney bar associations

Click here for a list of state and local women attorney’s bar associations

What are attorney bar associations and how do they work? Click on this Wikipedia answer here

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The law in your state may differ and your best answer will always come from a local attorney that you meet with privately. For a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers, click on this link ( and find one near you


Even if you have majority time-sharing with the child pursuant to a parenting plan, that doesn't necessarily put an end to a DCF inquiry into whether the child should be around her mom. But, it may help.

Richard J. Mockler <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Tampa Divorce Attorney</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Florida Super Lawyers Profile - Tampa Divorce Attorney</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Become a Fan on Facebook</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Follow me on Twitter</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Family Law Rights Blog</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Tampa Military Divorce Blog</a></li> <li><a href="" rel="nofollow">Tampa Divorce Lawyer Blog</a></li> </ul> ***If this answer was helpful, please mark it as such and remember to select a “best answer.” ***This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. I encourage everyone to consult an independent attorney regarding any legal matters.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer