My child is able or not for citizenship ? ? ?

Asked 6 months ago - Washington, DC

hi... i am citizen of us from 2008.... when i become citizen my child was 15 year old and she is indian... now my child age is 20 year old and green card holder since 2 year... so i want to ask u that can she get citizenship based on my citizenship and her age benefit 15 year ? ? ? ?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Best Answer

Answered . Maybe.

Did you have full-legal custody of her when you became a US citizen?

Talk to an immigration lawyer.

2. Ajay Kumar Arora

2

Answered . It appears that she was already 18 (even if she was a LPR at that time) when you became a U.S. citizen so she must file her own naturalization application upon being a LPR for at least 4 years and 9 months.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

2

Answered . If she was residing in the US as a green card holder at the time of your naturalization, she should have acquired citizenship as of that date. Consult with an immigration attorney to obtain proper documentation of her status.