Skip to main content

My child got in trouble at school. I am the non custodial parent. do I have the right to be informed?

Renton, WA |

I want to know if I have the right to be informed emedialty when there is a problem with my child at school?

The school Principle is deniying me the right to be informed at the same time as the custodial parent. I am not restricted by the parenting plan. I am looking for an WAC or RCW that I can use.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. It would help to know whether there is a parenting agreement/order by the court, as the same should contain provisions on this issue. If not, absent an order restricting you from obtaining such information, you should have the right to notice.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics