My child turns 18 next month but will be in hight school until 21 how do I modify her child support order ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lynnwood, WA

we where not married had no parenting plan was in place DSHS put the order in place when i was on assistance for a couple of months back in 1999. I never had it changed I got a letter telling me it would end on her 18 birthday unless she was still in school. I provided the proof but was told the wording in the order said it would still end when she was 18.

1. Brita Anne Christine Long

Answered . Based on the limited information above you need to petition to establish child support immediately. If you wait until your child is 18 the court will have no jurisdiction to enter order. You need to see a family law attorney right away.