My case was Dismissed With Prejudice. What is my next step?

Asked over 1 year ago - Falmouth, MA

I was a debtor in a case with CitiBank. The law firm that was collecting for CitiBank has harassed me for the last 3 years. Today, I went to court and stated that the Supplementary Process proceeding that they had requested was unfounded and they showed how they have harassed me. The judge agreed and Dismissed (my case) With Prejudice. Do I still continue to pay CitiBank the same way and the same amount? Or is the whole thing dismissed?

1. Todd Allen Davidson

2

Answered . I am not sure what you mean by the "judge agreed." Does that mean the judge awarded you damages or forgave your debt. Otherwise, if you filed a complaint and it was dismissed "with prejudice," that means you may not file your complaint again. If your complaint had been dismissed "without prejudice," you would have been free to re-file a complaint again.

2. Henry Lebensbaum

2

Answered . It sound like the action related or against you is over.

3. Robert A Stolzberg

2

Answered . Supplementary Process is a collection action; it doesn't deal with the amount you owe, only the amount you can and must pay on an outstanding judgment. It is hard to understand what the judge meant when he dismissed it "with prejudice".