My case was dismissed and sealed. Will I have a problem with the immigration when I re-entry in the US on my next vacation?

Asked about 2 years ago - New York, NY

I was caught shoplifting on a store. I got arrested and in the next day a lawyer was there to help me. She told me that I would receive a ACD, have to do a community service for a number of hours and stay with my "nose clean" for six months and I would have my case dismissed and sealed.
I was checking on the internet, and I found a lot of things about "convicted crimes" and "crimes with moral turpitude". I am afraid that even my case is dismissed, the people that work on the border immigration can see that and denied my re-entry.
I found: “Re-entry is, of course, dependent on your continued eligibility to enter. If you have been arrested or committed an illegal act resulting in a warrant in your name since the time the visa was issued, you could be denied re-entry."

1. Todd Andrew Spodek

5

Best Answer

Answered . There should be no issue. After the six month period, the arrest is a
    nullity.

---
    Sent wirelessly, please excuse typos and brevity.
    >

2. Benjamin J Lieberman

4

Answered . If completed the community service as you were supposed to and the case was actually dismissed and sealed you shouldn't have any problems.

3. Virginia Giselle Alvarez

3

Answered . If in doubt check with your attorney Wether a certificate of disposition is available to you. If so you can err on side of caution and carry it with you. All the best

4. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

Answered . Ok but no warrant was issued. If the 6 months are over and it was dismissed and sealed, it should be a non-issue.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net