My case was Dead Docket I keep getting denied of employment. What can I do if they will not Expunge the case?

Atlanta, GA |

I tried to get a Dead Docket case Expunge, but they denied me, saying that it does not meet the requirements due to the victim didn't show up in court. And when jobs does a criminal background check I get denied for employment.

Depending on how long the dead docket has been in place, you may be able to get the case dismissed. Criminal defendants have certain constitutional rights to a speedy trial that cannot be ignored simply by placing a case on the "Dead Docket." Since this case is affecting your employment status, you may be able to successfully get the case dismissed with prejudice (meaning it could never be brought again). However, in Georgia it is unlikely that the case would ever be expunged.

2. A Dead Docket means the case is still open and that is why you cannot get the case expunged. You need to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss your options to resolve your case.