My case has settled and I signed the release how long will it be before I get my check?

Asked over 1 year ago - Snellville, GA

Injury settlement car wreck

Pro

11

Best Answer

Answered . You lawyer can call the insurance company and try to expedite the check, but it should take 30 days or less.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

11

Answered . Your attorney will be best equipped to tell you so you should call him as he will have experience with your adjuster (hopefully you didn't foolishly do this without a lawyer, as claimants without lawyers average settlements that are 70% lower than ones who used a lawyer. If you did that, there's no one who will know the answer).

3. Henry David Bullard

6

Answered . If you do not have a lawyer, it should take about one week or less, depending on how far away the check is being issued. If you have a lawyer, he/she must wait on the check from the claim rep, get you to endorse it (or he/she can if they have you power of attorney), then deposit the check in the client trust account, and then wait for the attorney's banker to say it's safe to disburse the funds. It SHOuLD take about two or three weeks if everyone performs their roles promptly and the issuing bank does not stop payment or question the endorsement signatures. Good luck.