My car was used with out permission, I had no insurance. Now I'm responsible for all, car accident and Injury's? Confused..

Asked 10 months ago - Seattle, WA

An ex took my car, while I was in the shower knowing I was not driving it. I left it parked, and she new it. Because I car pooled, with friends to and from work. I got out of the shower and 5 min later her daughter called my cell, telling me her mom got in a wreck in my car. I didn't even know they left.
They towed my car to the house because one of the wheels where damaged. To this day I don't know
The whole story, the ex moved out 3 days later,but they ( the other persons insurance ) wants me to pay the whole bill?
they said I was liable because it was my car in the state of Washington . The ex did not get my permission. Their insurance know where she ( the ex ) is but they are holding my drivers license hostage because of the bill. should I have to pay, for a crime I didn't do?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

6

Answered . Hire an attorney hat works in the field of insurance defense matters -- they will know how best to help you here.

Pro

4

Answered . Retain a local insurance lawyer to sort out

3. Richard Eugene Lewis

Pro

2

Answered . I do not agree that you are responsible under the facts you state. Retain competent counsel.

4. Albert Lee Crosner

1

Answered . I concur with my colleagues that the best thing for you to do would be to contact a local area insurance defense attorney to help you.