My car was used with out permission, I had no insurance. Now I'm responsible for all, car accident and Injury's? Confused..

Seattle, WA |

An ex took my car, while I was in the shower knowing I was not driving it. I left it parked, and she new it. Because I car pooled, with friends to and from work. I got out of the shower and 5 min later her daughter called my cell, telling me her mom got in a wreck in my car. I didn't even know they left.
They towed my car to the house because one of the wheels where damaged. To this day I don't know
The whole story, the ex moved out 3 days later,but they ( the other persons insurance ) wants me to pay the whole bill?
they said I was liable because it was my car in the state of Washington . The ex did not get my permission. Their insurance know where she ( the ex ) is but they are holding my drivers license hostage because of the bill. should I have to pay, for a crime I didn't do?

Hire an attorney hat works in the field of insurance defense matters -- they will know how best to help you here.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Retain a local insurance lawyer to sort out

I concur with my colleagues that the best thing for you to do would be to contact a local area insurance defense attorney to help you.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

I do not agree that you are responsible under the facts you state. Retain competent counsel.

Recommended articles about Real estate