My car was towed in my apartment complex because i was parker over the white line, Can they do that if it's not stated?

Alexandria, VA |

My car was towed in my apartment complex because i was parker over the white line , but not to the point that another car couldn't park there . The parking rules ad regulations don't state that i couldn't park on the white lines ? What should I do ?

I paid a 150 dollars to the towing company and I want to my money back, who should have to pay? Towing company or apartment complex? I do have pictures and the apartment rules and regulations, nothin states that car shoud hav been towed.

I haven't researched the law on towing. But, I would expect that it's implied that a towing company may tow an improperly parked car. If you are over the white line, it sounds as if your car is occupying two spaces. I doubt the tow company or apartment complex will be sympathetic to your claim. Perhaps, another tenant complained about your car being in two spaces, which may've compelled the aprtment complex to take action (especially if parking spaces are at a premium).

State, local, and municipal law topics