My car was towed for blocking someone's driveway, when it was NOT blocking the driveway. How should I contest it?

San Francisco, CA |

I was given a citation about 10 minutes prior to the tow, for my car being in the driveway, which was called in as a complaint by the person who's driveway I was allegedly blocking. I took pictures with my phone of my car not blocking the driveway. I got to my car as the tow truck driver was pulling away, and I had to miss work because I need my car for my job.

You could opposing the citation, usually its procedure is on the ticket or on the website for whoever issues the ticket. You could file in small claims court against the two company and the person who turned you in, although it will be a tough case.

The pictures make for strong evidence assuming they back up your argument.

You can contest the citation and then sue the tow company as well as the person who called for the tow.

Jason Beahm
Beahm Law

If your car was legally parked your car should not have been towed. You have photographs which is superb evidence of whether it was legally or illegally parked. Contest the citation and once you win then sue the caller and the tow company for damages.

Mr. Corwin is licensed to practice law in California. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Corwin strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Recommended articles about Personal injury