My car was searched without a warrant when the police raided my friends house no permission given we were there doing laundry

Asked almost 2 years ago - Huntsville, AL

there was a search warrent for two of my friends and there property but not myself or my vehicle i was in my friends home some distance from the car and was detained for questioning only untill they searched my car without permission and found a small amount of drugs in my purse was this search legal

1. Randy William Ferguson

3

1

Answered . Probably not. If the car was yours and not owned by persons in warrant, the search was probably bad. They can search the yard and property but probably not visitors cars. Get an attorney. If you need help in Huntsville, call me at any time. 256-534-3435. I have handled hundreds of drug cases.

2. Robert Pecco Baker

1

Answered . A close case but I would say that the search was invalid. Get an atty and say nothing to the cops. Good advice- the criminals blabbing to the cops on crime shows- morons. For a small amount of drugs in your purse I do not know if the prosecutor will want to go through a suppression hearing and trial. Depends on what drug, the amount and your record, if any. Atty may lobby for dismissal, or perhaps diversion and expungement which I would take if I were you. Put the money you would have to spend toward legal fees into the drug rehab process and move on.