My car was repossessed because of a banks clerical error, what are my rights?

Asked over 1 year ago - Oakland, CA

The car was taken from me in front of the company i want to work for, in front of my potential boss and peers. I was mortified. The cars previous owner had paid off a loan from a bank, but the bank made a mistake and had the car repossessed. My husband and i both missed work that night trying to figure out what happened (we work as night taxi drivers and lost about $200+ each in wages.) We got the car back the next day in the afternoon, without a word from the bank. Can i sue? Is it worth it? I know i want at least my wages recompensed....but i feel i am owed more for their negligence and for my humiliation.

1. Scott Richard Kaufman

1

Answered . I think you make good arguments. Because the amount of money is so small, you will have to do this in small claims court. You can ask for those additional funds there. The limit in small claims court is 10,000.00 and you cannot have an atty in court with you or for you...