My car was hit this past spring & repaired by other ins. co. (admitted fault), but the AC isn't working?IMO from crash 4 mo ago

Asked over 1 year ago - Cottage Grove, MN

I had my car parked at son's preschool and another mom hit it this winter. The other ins co admitted liability as per MN law RE accidents involving parked cars on private property. Car was repaired by small bodywork place and they never checked AC and they don't even do HVAC work. As it got warm, we noticed AC had failed. We put more freon in last wk and found out there is a leak next to site of crash. Ins. co wants to send adjuster to look at car as they don't think it is from crash, but we have no rust or corrosion on our car that would otherwise cause leak. What can I do if adjuster says no to paying for our AC? I don't think there is any way that they can prove that the crash didn't cause the leak. Is the burden of proof on us or them?

1. Albert Lee Crosner

6

Answered . Did you report this incident to your insurance carrier at the time? If so, give them a call and see if they can help you out. They may be willing to contact the adjuster and discuss it with him/her on your behalf. I would not ask them to do anything until you know what the adjuster says. Best of luck.

Pro

6

Answered . Then report it to your insurance company to resolve.

3. Tatiana Kadetskaya

6

Answered . Let your insurance company sort it out

4. Tricia Dwyer

4

Answered . Hello. You should report the issue to the insurer and let the insurer address it. Contact an attorney only if you ultimately have an issue for a private attorney to address. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.