Skip to main content

My car was hit this past spring & repaired by other ins. co. (admitted fault), but the AC isn't working?IMO from crash 4 mo ago

Cottage Grove, MN |
Filed under: Car repairs

I had my car parked at son's preschool and another mom hit it this winter. The other ins co admitted liability as per MN law RE accidents involving parked cars on private property. Car was repaired by small bodywork place and they never checked AC and they don't even do HVAC work. As it got warm, we noticed AC had failed. We put more freon in last wk and found out there is a leak next to site of crash. Ins. co wants to send adjuster to look at car as they don't think it is from crash, but we have no rust or corrosion on our car that would otherwise cause leak. What can I do if adjuster says no to paying for our AC? I don't think there is any way that they can prove that the crash didn't cause the leak. Is the burden of proof on us or them?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Did you report this incident to your insurance carrier at the time? If so, give them a call and see if they can help you out. They may be willing to contact the adjuster and discuss it with him/her on your behalf. I would not ask them to do anything until you know what the adjuster says. Best of luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.



Thank you, yes I did report it to them.


Then report it to your insurance company to resolve.


Let your insurance company sort it out


Hello. You should report the issue to the insurer and let the insurer address it. Contact an attorney only if you ultimately have an issue for a private attorney to address. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Twin Cites. Call 612-296-9666 for a consultation: INSURANCE Law, AUTO ACCIDENT, Rule 114 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Assoc. PLLC

Car repairs topics

Recommended articles about Car repairs

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer