My car was hit by an uninsured moterist in a rental car, rental car's insurance denied claim. Can I sue the rental company?

Galveston, TX |

I was rearended and the driver was sited for failure to yeald right of way and arrested for driving without insurance. The rental car companies insurance has denied my claim and I would like to know if I can sure the rental car company?

1. You said you were arrested for having no insurance? If you had insurance, a lawyer could go after your UM. The rental car or the driver should have insurance, so retain a local personal injury lawyer to look for coverage.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

2. Not likely unless they negligently allowed the person to drive the rental car.

3. You have two choices: You can file a claim against your unisured provison of your insurance company. However, if your injuries are severe, your attorney may wish to sue the car rental agency. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de accidentes y lesiones is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

4. The rental car company covers the driver, so being arrested for no insurance makes no sense. The answer to your question is yes, sort of. There is a federal law that governs suing rental car companies, and it dove tails into Texas financial responsibility laws. If you had significant injuries, hire a board certified peronsal injury lawyer. The lawyer will know what to do.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

Traffic tickets topics