My car was bought during the marriage but we have only been married 5months.Is he entitled to half ?

Kissimmee, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

i had found out now that this person only married me for papers and i find it unfair for him to recieve anything half of mine. i never lived with him and the marriage was unrealistic for me. my car was bought during the marriage but he threatens me that he take everything i own if i divorce him. will he be granted anything?

the car was paid full in cash. i had payed for it with the money i got from my tax return from 2008 where i claim my son, my child which he has not fathered, and that i am seen as single. now being that this person married me with mal intentions, and is trying to bribe me into staying married to him, can the court favor my side?

If you used money you had prior to the marriage and the car is titled in your name alone, you have a good chance of keeping it. Your question doesn't say if you have a loan on it. However, you two may have other debts that will need to be split and if you only thing of value you own is the car, it may need to be sold.
Good Luck

Recommended articles about Divorce