My car insurance company issued me 2 party check for car damage repair.

Asked 6 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I want to know why they didn't issue me one party check? They ask me to repair car in 10 days, however I am very busy at this time and wants to repair car later on, or may be take car to different body shop.

1. Robert Bruce Kopelson

8

Answered . Is your car financed? If so, the finance co is probably also an insured, and the car must be repaired, to protect the lender's security. If you own the car outright, ask the company to reissue. They will want to know if the car is repaired or not, if you are going to continue with them insuring it.

2. Alan Ray Barnes

7

Answered . There isn't enough information here to answer your question. But - speculating here - the shop you initially went to initially may be entitled to payment for work done to date.

You can always contact the adjuster and ask. Or, if you were injured, have your lawyer find out.

3. Richard Todd Rosenstein

5

Answered . The reason the insurance company issued a check in this manner is that you probably took your vehicle into a repair facility and authorized repairs. If you do not agree to have your car repaired at a particular facility, contact your insurance adjuster and tell him/her that you do not want a check issued in this manner. You should be able to have your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice.

Pro

6

Answered . This is something you should discuss with your insurance company. However, if you sustained injuries due to the negligence of another driver, retain a local personal injury lawyer. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney (10) with a LOW contingency fee, less than thirty percent, so you don't get hurt twice. Good luck.

5. Wendy Marie Schenk

2

Answered . Duh, I think you answered your own question. So you don't delay in getting your car fixed and/or Jair go off spending the money yourself in something else not relating to fixing your car.

6. Maryam Parman

Pro

2

Answered . Ask them to re-issue the check to your name only.

7. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

2

Answered . Who's the other party? ----------------------------------------------

8. Richard Marc Katz

Pro

2

Answered . In car accident claims an insurance carrier will often want to confirm a car has been repaired. It is probable that your car was at a body shop when it was inspected. It is possible that you signed an authorization for repair. You need to check with your property damage adjustor to figure out what is going on.

9. David A. Papa

3

Answered . Just contact your insurance adjuster and explain to them what you are asking here. If there is any confusion you can straighten it out with them.