My car got impounded how can I get it out and how do I get it release from the police department?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lake Elsinore, CA

I had injured my ankle and I couldnt drive good so I let my friend drive my car and he does not have a liscense and we got pulled over and the cops impounded my car even if I had a liscense and was present in the car I called the impound lot they said that my friend had to take a liscense and that I had to get a release from th police department what's the best way for me to get my car out?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

5

Answered . This matter is no longer under the jurisdiction of the impounding police department. Here are the rules and regs applicable to your situation, and instructions for what to do now:
    http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d06/vc14602_6.htm

2. David J. McCormick

4

Answered . Get your title and bring it to the police department and see if they will release the car.

3. Michael Lynn Walker

Pro

4

Answered . I support the answers provided by my superb colleagues.

Mike Walker