My car broke down and i need to know how long it can sit on the side of the road before it gets impounded?

Asked over 3 years ago - Lucedale, MS

how long can my car sit on the side of the road before it gets impounded?

Pro

Answered . No specific time, but you should call AAA asap tonight.

Click on the name of the person answering your question to see their profile and qualifications and the link to their website. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

2. Andrew Daniel Myers

Answered . Take some personal responsibility and get the car off the road. If it gets impounded you will end up having to pay for the tow, storage, fees and costs.

The authorities will take care of the vehicle when they get around to it. They have emergencies and other more important priorities than your car.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.