My car (owned) was seized in a drug related felony. The police told me i have to pay 2500 is that true?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

traffic oxy codone first offense my sisters pills

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Nicholas Milan Loncar


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You must have some right to a hearing process. There must be a hearing at least offered before the government can take any of your property rights. Consult with some local attorneys for more specific answers.

  2. Jason Michael Reid

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Hire an attorney that knows the process, it will likely benefit you.

  3. William David Umansky


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Get a lawyer to negotiate with the cops for release of your car.

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,288 answers this week

3,204 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,288 answers this week

3,204 attorneys answering