My Business Closed and now I am personally responsible for business TAXES even after personally filing Chapter7 - what next?

Carlsbad, CA |

We had a small business that we had to close. I have TFRP (payroll taxes) , SBOE (sales tax), and State Taxes that we are personally liable for, as well as a default judgement that I did not have the financial means to defend against (they named me personally even though it was a S-Corp).

We filed Chapter 7 personally, and since the business had no more assets, we dissolved the corporation.

What is the best approach to removing the leins against us (TAXES and Default Judgements)? Is there a way to eliminate or settle the unpaid business taxes that we are personally liable for - since there is no way we will be able to afford them personally in our lifetime (unless we hit the lotto!)?

Also - I know from previous searches that the Taxes I mentioned are NOT dischargeable under CH7. Also I filed myself (pro se) so I have no lawyer advising me. Also I know about the offer in compromise and "uncollectible status", I might not know how to go about it, but I know of it.

1. Certainly your lawyer told you that most taxes are nondischargeable in Chapter 7. You may want to see a tax lawyer to see if a settlement could be made with the IRS.