My builder came to me and said that I had a warrant For failure to register as a sex offender. The DA is set On 2 to 10 hard...

Asked over 1 year ago - San Angelo, TX

I've been out of prison since 08 and did day for day 6 years. I moved to San Angelo got married and then abused and stalked by my wife from beatings scaring and stabbed. Due to the drama in my life I lost my job and became homeless. I did however always register on my birthday and change of address every time I moved except once. That once is why the DA wants prison time for me. I was homeless, nobody would hire me due to my charge. I was living under bridges, moving Ryder truck beds and alleys for a couple of months. My so officer came to visit me at my currently registered home and no issues were present. I turned myself because I don't want to run and hide you know do the right thing. I have a court app lawyers Gonzalo Rios and is not helping. I had nowhere to register to until now.help

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

Answered . No one is going to be able to represent you via Avvo. We all gave you all the feedback we could the last time you posted this issue. You're just going to have to work with your attorney to get the best result.

2. James Paul Sadler

4

Answered . You need to speak with the lawyer who is representing you. You can always ask the judge to appoint another attorney, however, I suggest that you make an appointment with your lawyer and discuss your issues/questions thoroughly before seeking other counsel.

3. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

Answered . It is impossible to do an evaluation of your case on avvo.com. I agree with Mr. Sadler's suggestion that you need to make an appointment to speak with your attorney and tell him your concerns. After that, you can ask the court to appoint a different lawyer. Maybe the court will...maybe not.

The lawyer you speak of is a very experienced attorney who has been practicing criminal law and getting good results for his clients for over 20 years here in San Angelo. However, like most San Angelo lawyers, he is also quite busy. Busy lawyers sometimes look like lawyers who do not care even when they do care.