Skip to main content

My brother was charged with burglary of habitation he spent one year in prison . Is there a possibility to reduce the charges ..

Del Rio, TX |

Wat can be done for him... what is the best way to help him ...

Attorney Answers 2


See my answer to your previous question.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Mark as helpful


A defendant who has already served prison time on a felony charge has little hope of reopening the case. A defendant in that position might consult a lawyer who handles post conviction writs to see if there might be grounds to pursue an application for a writ of habeas corpus. Or, the defendant might apply for a pardon. To look into these, consult a reputable criminal defense lawyer in your area.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics