My brother was charged with burglary of habitation he spent one year in prison there a possibility to reopen the case ..

Asked over 1 year ago - Del Rio, TX

is there a way to reopen the case and try to dismiss it or to sponge it of his record

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The only two options to remove the case from his record are either by obtaining a pardon or by having the case overturned on a writ of habeas corpus. Unfortunately, both are long shots.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,894 answers this week

2,359 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,894 answers this week

2,359 attorneys answering