My brother was arrested on felony domestic violence charges. one is a F3 and the other is a F4

Asked over 4 years ago - Toledo, OH

my brother was arrested for 2 counts of domestic violence 2 weeks ago. One is a f3 and the other is a f4. these 2 are in ohio's sylvania municipal court. he is currently doing 6 months for a probation violation stemming from a d.v. in 2007 imposed by toledo municipal court. the victim is his girlfriend and she was pregnant at the time of the assults. pics were taken because he destroyed her care(the f3) and bit and smacked her when she was 8monhs pregnant(the f4). she has let it be known that she will not pursue the matter but i know the state will pick it up. basically i just want to know how much time could he be looking at and could on of the felonies be dropped or the f3 made to an f4 especially since she won't be in court.

1. Bruce William Boerst Jr.

Answered . DEGREE PRSON TERM FINE

First Degree three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, or ten years $20,000

Second Degree two, three, four, five, six, seven, or eight years $15,000

Third Degree one, two, three, four, or five years. $10,000

Fourth Degree six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, or eighteen months. $5,000

Fifth Degree six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, or twelve months. $2,500

Contact THE BOERST LAW OFFICE for a free consultation!

The Boerst Law Office
    419.283.6401
    152 N. Summit St., Ste 205
    Toledo, Ohio 43604