My brother's personal and business accounts have been levied, can his wife direct deposit into my account?

Spring, TX |

If she does can my account be levied, or affected? They are in Colorado and I'm in Texas

This is not a good idea for many reasons, including the provisions of the Uniform Fraudulent Transfers Act as it may be in effect in your state. You are not your brother's keeper and you don't want to face criminal responsibility for his debt problems. Tell him to see a lawyer. Hope this perspective helps!

Thank you so much

Your brother and his wife need their own attorneys to figure this out for them. If you want to get involved in fraudulently hiding the wife's money from their creditors, I suppose that is a risk that you could take. But, I would strongly recommend against it.

I am licensed only in Texas. Offering information of a general nature in response to a question is not intended to be legal advice in your state.

Thank you so much - this is what I needed to know

Sure she can do it. What was the levy for? You may have liability and you account could be liable. This would take some investigation on the part of the creditor. Do not give them ability to sign on the account.

Everything can be traced. I would not get involved in hiding money. Not only could your account also be affected, you could be sued by the creditor. If they eventually file for Bankruptcy, the Trustee will likely sue you to reclaim all of the money also.

My comments are not legal advice and are for informational purposes only.