My brother just died in Ohio and he has no estate. Is there anything in the nature of a probate to be filed in behalf of him?

Asked over 2 years ago - Akron, OH

He did not own a home, has no cars in his name and nothing else of monetary value. Also, are there taxes to file as he didn't work at all in 2012 because of his terminal illness? Thank you for your kindness and time

1. David L. Carrier

Pro

8

Answered . Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
    And when you've got nothing you've got no need for probate.

2. C L Huddleston III

Pro

2

Answered . It sounds as though there is no need to probate his estate. If he filed a tax return for 2011, it would be useful to file a "last and final" return with both the state and IRS so they close their files and don't keep sending notices of past due returns.

If he had any creditors, it is possible that a creditor could try to open an estate in order to try and collect what is owed, but you are not required to take any action.