My brother is on social security disability but want to move to another country

Asked almost 2 years ago - Yonkers, NY

my brother is on social security disability but he want to move to another country what do he have to do

1. Lawrence John Gibney Jr.

1

Answered . It is his responsibiity to notify Social Security if there is an address change. You can find a local office to report the change or try calling 1-800-772-1213, which is the national number for Social Security.

2. Paula Brown Sinclair

1

Answered . Mr. Gibney's reminder to notify SSA of the address change is important. A Social Security beneficiary can choose to live anywhere in the world, but for disability beneficiaries there will be the challenge of dealing with Continuing Disability Reviews (CDRs). The disability finding for Social Security purposes is not permanent. Depending upon the nature of the impairment(s), CDRs may be scheduled as frequently as every three years.

Best wishes for a favorable outcome, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.