My brother is in county jail due to the fact that his girlfriend turned out to be under age. He has an immigration hold.

Asked 9 months ago - Santa Ana, CA

I would like to know what will happen to him and what can we do to keep him here. He has been in California since he was 2, we have no family members in mexico and he doesn't even speak good Spanish. what are the chances of keeping him here without being deported?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You need to hire an immigration attorney to deal with his immigration problems. We could not help you even if we wanted to. This case would required a hand-on approach, which cannot be offered in virtual space.

2. Ashkan Yekrangi

Pro

1

Answered . You need to hire an attorney that specializes in immigration and criminal law, or hire two separate lawyers.

3. David Norman Simmons

2

Answered . The best thing you can do at this point is to get a good criminal defense lawyer and consult with a good immigration lawyer. "How can we keep him here" is a question that requires a detailed consultation and analysis before it can be properly answered.

4. Gerald P. Goulder

1

Answered . You and your brother need the advice of inexperienced immigration lawyer. If you want any reasonable chance for him to remain in the USA you likely will need to spend some money and hire an immigration attorney.