My brother is in county jail due to the fact that his girlfriend turned out to be under age. He has an immigration hold.

Asked 9 months ago - Santa Ana, CA

I would like to know what will happen to him and what can we do to keep him here. He has been in California since he was 2, we have no family members in mexico and he doesn't even speak good Spanish. what are the chances of keeping him here without being deported?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to hire an immigration attorney to deal with his immigration problems. We could not help you even if we wanted to. This case would required a hand-on approach, which cannot be offered in virtual space.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. Ashkan Yekrangi


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to hire an attorney that specializes in immigration and criminal law, or hire two separate lawyers.

  3. David Norman Simmons

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The best thing you can do at this point is to get a good criminal defense lawyer and consult with a good immigration lawyer. "How can we keep him here" is a question that requires a detailed consultation and analysis before it can be properly answered.

    My response to your question is general in nature, as I don't know all of the facts of your case. You should... more
  4. Gerald P. Goulder

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You and your brother need the advice of inexperienced immigration lawyer. If you want any reasonable chance for him to remain in the USA you likely will need to spend some money and hire an immigration attorney.

    The person who posted this question, as well as anyone else who reads this response, should understand that the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,716 answers this week

2,627 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,716 answers this week

2,627 attorneys answering